Transport operators are responsible for using equipment with suitable structures and materials to transport the food.
Requirements for food transports
- The materials must be easy to clean. The transport equipment and containers must be kept clean and in good condition.
- Do not store unrelated supplies in the transport facilities.
- In the transport equipment, food must be placed and protected so that the risk of contamination is as low as possible.
- Products must be kept separate if the transport equipment or containers are also used for transporting products other than food or transporting different food products simultaneously.
- Food in liquid, grainy or powdery form must be transported in containers that have a clear and permanent label signalling they are intended for food only.
- Food must be transported at a suitable temperature, and temperatures must be recorded.
- If perishable food that requires cold storage is transported for over two hours, the transport must be equipped with a temperature monitoring system.
- Transport equipment for frozen products must include devices for measuring and recording the temperature.
Notification of transport operations
The Environmental Health Services must be notified of professional food transport operations. Notifications of transport operations are submitted either separately or in connection with a notification of food premises (such as a restaurant). Instead of individual vehicles, submit the notification for the transport operations as a whole.
Submitting the notification
You can submit the notification via the Ilppa e-services.
Alternatively, you can fill in the form and submit it to the Environmental Health Services
We will charge a fee for processing the notification.